Last updated on May 21st, 2023 at 11:26 pm
The peace lily flower resembles Anthuriums nearly identically—both are made up of green velvet-like leaflets, and a lovely enveloping spathe encircles the spadix.
The peace lily is among the most famous wildflowers for its various interpretations and meanings. The title of this blossom contains the significance and connotation of the blossom. The Latin word ‘pax,’ which means “peace,” is the source of the peace lily’s name.
Peace lily belongs to the Spathiphyllum genus, which contains roughly 47 varieties of plant species belonging to the Araceae family. Spath and peace lilies are two frequent names for these species.
Spathiphyllum Cochlearispathum is the scientific term for a peace lily, where “Spatha” refers to a spathe and “phylum” refers to leaves. The name comes from the bloom having a spoon-like or concave spathe (first reported by Frederik Michael Liebmann).
What does the Peace Lily flower symbolize?
The leaves of the peace lily flowers are green with white markings or patches, which can represent innocence and purity, two concepts commonly linked with adolescence.
A peace lily can be a profound spiritual emblem for somebody seeking mental calm. They are frequently connected with Buddhist cultures and ethnic groups seeking knowledge.
The peace lily flower meaning can vary from a gesture of good luck to a representation of somebody’s capacity to live in peace and harmony among themselves and everyone else. Flowers like peace lilies impart a sense of calm to a room that no other flowers can.
A peace lily can be a great condolence present since it expresses compassion. You’ve probably heard peace lilies presented to the relatives of a person who has died as a token of condolence. You might think about them as a lasting memorial to the deceased individual and a delicate method of expressing compassion to someone who has lost someone close to them.
Peace lily flower, without a doubt, is linked with elegance. These unique subtropical treasures are gorgeous, with magnificent snowy-white blossoms and beautiful green foliage. The magnificence of this flower has inspired writers to use it to symbolize the desirability of respective romantic interests. A peace lily is a fantastic method to show each other how precious they are to you if you’re intrigued by someone.
Peace lilies bloom month after month and last for years. They also continue to expand year-round, a quality that has contributed to the association of these plants with Jesus Christ’s resurrection. A peace lily plant, in essence, represents the regeneration of the spirit and divine transcendence from earthly existence.
The peace lily flower resembles a Catholic emblem of virginity and charity and is closely correlated with the Virgin Mary’s. It is also connected with women’s intrinsically sensitive nature, making it an ideal present for a lady going to get married and embarking on a new phase in her journey.
All in all, the peace lily flower symbolic meanings are:
Meaning of the Peace Lily flower colors
The symbolism of a white peace lily flower is innocence and purity. It symbolizes Christ’s purity and resurrection following His death on the cross.
Red peace lily flowers are symbols of majesty and sacredness. It represents the power of affection and emotional ties.
Interesting facts about the Peace Lily flowers
- Peace lilies are well-known as decorative household blossoms because of their beautiful green foliage and beautiful blossoms. You might be surprised by the other ways you can use this blossom except as an adornment!
- Peace lily flower was among the top interior purifying plants in the National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) Clean Air Study.
- According to Feng Shui, these flowers can effectively eliminate dangerous harmful emissions like benzene, formaldehyde, and ammonia.
- Trichloroethylene, xylene, and toluene are other harmful pollutants it can cleanse. These flowers are far superior to the typical machine-based air purifier!
- Peace lilies also have certain therapeutic properties. Spathiphyllum spikes and leaves can be cooked and eaten as a vegetable in some recognized species. It could also be preserved to impart a pleasant scent to certain tobacco.
- Peace lilies are harmful to cats and dogs if eaten, so maintain them out of the range of your pets.
How to grow Peace Lily flowers
Peace lilies are low-maintenance flowers that flourish with little care. They’ll last for years if you put flowers in a remote area and hydrate them frequently. A typical peace lily flower can reach a height of 24-40 inches (ca. 1 m), with some varieties reaching 50 inches (1.27 m).
- Plant the peace lilies in a rich, loose potting mix that contains plenty of organic matter.
- Place them where they can get sunlight, though not direct sun.
- Water the plant adequately.
- Mist the leaves several times a week with a spray bottle.
- Apply a standard 20-20-20 house plant fertilizer.
How to care for Peace Lily flowers
- Water when the top inch of the soil has dried out.
- Reduce watering during winter but never allow the soil to dry out completely.
- Feed the plant weekly in the summer or use slow-release pellets at the beginning of the season.
- No need to fertilize the plant during the winter.
- Trim any unhealthy leaves from your plant.
Best time to gift Peace Lily flowers
Peace lilies are a flower that is frequently used during flower bouquets to represent life’s sweetness and calmness. As a result, peace lilies have become an emblem of relaxing moods and emotions. And also fostering joy as a whole.
The peace lily is also a good Feng Shui pick since it can help to achieve equilibrium and release tension by boosting the healing vibe. It’s a lovely flower gift to send as a condolence present or a get-well gift.
The meaning and symbolism of the peace lily lend several layers of fascination to this popular flowering houseplant. It’s no surprise they’re so popular all across the world.
Whether you have a peace lily merely for decoration or as a symbol of a virtue you cherish, there’s no disputing that this plant is a lovely addition to your house.
If you want to know and learn more about flowers, we at PansyMaiden can help you. Check out our fun, easy-to-read, and informative flower-related content that you will surely enjoy!